Me: Thanks for showing up : ) I’m Nat.
You: Hi Nat.
Me: I’ve been following you for a-a-ges and love what you do. I’ve been looking into conversational AI and feel I’m a good fit for it.
Me: So I wondered if you need any help at the moment and if my experience could be useful to you.
You: [Supping coffee]
Can I quickly tell you a little bit about my background?
You: Umm. I’m a bit busy…
OR — You: Sure, go for it.
Me: Thanks. Well, I’m excited about Conversation Design and think I have five areas of expertise that might be useful to someone like you:
- I’m trained in conversion copywriting so I use research and data to inform everything I write. Before I can solve the client’s problem it’s vital I get to know their customer well, listening to how they describe their pain points so I can echo their language.
- Emerging technology is my thing. I’ve worked on blockchain projects, biometrics, have written for apps, worked in digital health, and most recently learned a ton about computer simulation, digital twins, and deep reinforcement learning.
- My MA is in anthrozoology (human-animal studies) and anthropomorphism comes up a lot. I see an interesting crossover between how we relate to the animal ‘other’ and the robot ‘other’ and where natural human behaviour can get in our way.
- My web career spans 15 years. Knowledge of HTML helps me work well within a team of developers and engineers, as well as alongside marketers and digital experts as a hybrid across the fields of copy and design, tech evolution, and human behaviour.
- My most recent employer says: “Nat has the right mix of technical know-how, marketing skills and a genuine personality to always be a ‘go-to’ person when it comes to developing new business ideas or revitalising old ones.” I’m keen to put those skills to use in conversational AI.
You: Do you have any direct experience writing for chatbots or in designing conversations?
Me: Not yet but I’ve been swotting up on Cathy Pearl, VUX World, Google Design Guidelines, IBM Watson, Botmock and the like.
You: Sorry Nat, right now, we need people with experience writing for bots.
OR — You: Okay, your other experience sounds relevant.
Me: That’s good to hear. Ideally I’m looking for a new role or contract from 1 December but if there’s something I might be able to help you with now, I’d love to hear about it.
You: Whereabouts are you?
Me: I’m in the UK, but I’ve been working remotely for years.
You: Okay, well we could have a quick chat to begin with.
Me: Great. Do you want a video or phone call, or email chat?
You: Let me just check what works best.
Me: Okay, thanks.